Monday, June 15, 2009

I Don't Ask For A Quick Decision. I Ask For A Quick Thinking.

Have you encountered a Boss who seems to be irrational and to be unreasonable with his decision making? I HAVE. I used to have a boss who makes such things. I am puzzled by my former boss’ repetitive horrendous decision which ends up with dreadful consequences i.e. flight of the bumble employees, bad blood spilling around, slippery tongue licking in my ears and the list just goes on and on and on. I ask myself if my former boss’ inexperience, young age and ill-equip management skills can be attributed to such action pero HINDI RIN, dahil kung paulit-ulit ang decision with almost the same situation then the attributes are illogical. I guess hindi dapat maging dahilan ang inexperience, pagkabata at kulang sa management skills kundi may problema on a certain area - I have shifted my focus on my former boss' work attitude. There are two things that I’m sure of – first, not all excellent sales people can be an excellent operation manager and second, my former boss is an MBA – Management By Accident – for I don’t know how my former boss has been put in that position – mahal ata sya ni Lord at binigyan sya ng Divine Intervention, habang kaming mga empleyado ay pinarusahan at sinumpa dahil sa aming pagkasala, hehehehe, I’m just joking Lord… Bad Joke, Very Bad Joke… Anyway, it took some time to analyze my former boss until I have been transferred to a new boss and I just realize the area to be concern of. The problem is that my former boss makes irrational and unthought-of decisions without implying critical thinking and having too much confidence (I'm THE boss and your ONLY the slave attitude), kaya pala mahilig mag-on the spot decision making contest, as in who comes up with the decision first wins. Whenever we talk and come up with something with my new boss, my mindset is “My boss doesn’t need a QUICK DECISION. He needs a QUICK THINKING” Based on my experience, Most of the Quick Decisions that I’ve made end up disappointing and frustrating while most of the Quick Thinkings are having a better result than the former. At the end of the day, it’s hard to achieve an excellent quick thinking ability but time, willingness and experience shall be a superb foundation to train oneself… ika nga, Practice makes Perfect… it’s cliché, but its true.

No comments:

Post a Comment